Friday, June 19, 2015

Our impressions

So I've decided to do the blog a little bit differently today. Since we spent the majority of the day in the bus traveling from Lyon to Tours, we didn't sightsee much today. So I'll let the students speak for themselves. 

Our biggest impressions so far:  

Caroline: I really liked the Pont du Gard because it was built so long ago and it's still standing with no help and nothing holding it together. 

Madison: I think it's weird that they don't put their bread on a plate at dinner. They just put it on the table. 

Zahra: it's beauty and it's grace and it's definitely NOT the United States. 

Emily: I liked how in Nîmes, there was pretty modern stuff and then there was a Roman arena. 

Kate: I think it's a little bit of everything wrapped up in a beautiful, little package. 

Grace: I'm going to live here. It's everything I've ever wanted in a home. 

Melissa (chaperone): I've learned quietness, etiquette and experienced old-world charm and have seen quiet, beautiful people. I'm most impressed with the old architecture. 

Adrienne (chaperone and well-seasoned traveler): Even though I've been here many times and I always love coming back, I was excited to see the author Saint-Exupéry's birthplace in Lyon. 

Libby: it's not just in textbooks; it's a real place. 

Traci (adult traveler): it's a really cool mix of old and new. 

Erika (adult traveler): I remember more French than I thought I would and I'm able to communicate with them. 

Natalie: it shocks me how much they smoke. 

Maddie: I was surprised by how many people speak English. 

Carly: I was surprised to see French people bring their dogs everywhere, like even in grocery stores and restaurants. 

Mary: I noticed that a lot of people wear long pants as opposed to shorts. They're more reserved and they smoke more. 

Taylor: I love how beautiful everything is. I feel like walking through history. 

Owen: they're not as anti-social as Americans, as in they're not on their phones as much as we are. 

Spencer: there's Mini Coopers everywhere!!  

Anna: I've noticed that people sit around a lot and don't work as much. They're really calm when they drive. 

Mia: there's a bunch of ice cream everywhere and their dogs are without leashes but they still obey and behave. 

Photo from tonight's walking tour in old Tours at Place Plumereau (which the same picture is in our French 2 textbook!)





1 comment:

  1. I really like seeing what the kids think about the sights and culture. Everyone sees things through different eyes. Makes you open your own even more. Looks like a great trip!

    ReplyDelete